You are hereHome › QVHD Emergency Preparedness
QVHD Emergency Preparedness
Helping You Prepare...
QVHD’s Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) Program plans for and responds to emergencies in Bethany, Hamden, North Haven and Woodbridge. Events include a natural disaster, an act of terrorism, disease outbreak and more. The Health Department is committed to monitoring the availability of public health services, communicating updates and instructions for providing assistance to the town in their emergency shelters.
Start Preparing Today!
The unexpected can happen at any time without any warning. Being prepared is the best way to keep you and your loved ones safe and healthy during an emergency.
- Build A Kit- Gather Emergency Supplies.
- Make A Plan- Develop a Family Disaster Plan.
- Be Informed- Know What to Do before, during and after an emergency.
Where Do I Go?
- Evacuation Routes- List of Major Routes throughout the State of Connecticut.
- Emergency Shelters- List of Emergency Shelters for Bethany, Hamden, North Haven, Orange and Woodbridge.
- Returning Home- Know when it's safe to return home after a diaster.
What About Them?
Emergencies can happen at any moment causing excessive stress for families. Learn how to prepare indivudals and animals with special needs prior to an emergency.
- Elderly: Monitor Medications
- Disabled: Access to Mobility
- Children: Ensure Safety
- Pets: Pet Friendly Information
QVHD Medical Reserve Corps (QVHDMRC)
Are you interested in volunteering during a public health emergency? The Medical Reserve Corps offers opportunities for both medical and non-medical volunteers to serve during emergencies at points of dispensing, shelters and community events. MORE